When we want to offer flowers, we always thrive to be “creative” or “unique” in our choices. What if we told you that you can make the most creative and unique flowers from the comfort of your own home! Yes, you can tie-die white roses, which are found anywhere all-year round. Not only it gives an amazing end result, but its also custom made just for that special person. Follow these easy steps and we guarantee you will have awesome results. Materials:
- White roses
- Equal length cups filled with water. The narrower the cup, the better it is.
- ex-acto or a VERY sharp kitchen knife
- food coloring (use 3 primary colors for best results)
- STEP 1: cut the stems at the bottom in a horizontal way (about half a centimeter).
- STEP 2: split the stem of each rose vertically by as many sections as the colors you want your rose to be (in this case by 3). The numbers of sections you cut will determine the colors of your rose. The more coloring you use, the more colorful your rose will be.
- STEP 3: add the food coloring in the water cups (one color per cup), and place each stem of the same rose in a different cup, so your rose would be absorbing 3 (or more) different colors. You can see results as of 3-4 hours. For more vibrant colors, let the roses sit for a few days.
- STEP 4: when you’ve obtained the contrast you want, cut the stems in a 45° angle, just like they were originally, before the sections were cut.